Monday, August 31, 2009

a quick, nutshell recap post about the recent happenings in our lives

It has been a really great few days. First of all, as you know...I accepted a position on Friday as the Program Coordinator for a non-profit here that addresses educational attainment in the region. I am very excited about this job.

And here is our weekend in a nutshell... accepted a job offer, dinner with friends, relax, watch LOST, laundry, clean, baked cookies, pizza and hang out with friends, church, lunch, SUNDAY AFTERNOON NAP*, Bible study, hubby playing Beatles tunes on the guitar while we both sing at the top of our lungs. Great weekend!

Today was my first day at my new job and I loved it. There are so many great things happening and I am very excited about being a part of it.

And um, hello... tomorrow is September?!? How did that happen? There has been a lot of talk in Blogland and Twitterverse that the Pumpkin Spice Latte is gracing us with it's presence on Thursday. Thank you Starbucks for this incredible gift! I think this means that fall is around the corner and it is okay to go ahead and bake yummy pumpkin and gingerbread and spice things...right Ash!?!

* SUNDAY AFTERNOON NAP - The reason this is such a big deal to us is because John and I have never fully been able to appreciate this, seeing as our church for the past 4 years was an hour away. Now that we live less than 2 miles from our church we truly appreciate this!

2 comments:

  1. I heard they were bringing Pumpkin Spice back tomorrow, September 1, could we be so lucky?? Happy fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kyle dunn at highland always said,

    "blessed be the nap after church"

    :) glad you get to enjoy that now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs