Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lasagna

Lasagna

Classic lasagna...there's nothing like it. And this version jazzes it up while keeping it real. It's easy to prepare and can be made ahead. I love lasagna and this is my favorite way to make it.

Lasagna


8 ounces ground beef
8 ounces Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
salt
pepper
2 jars marinara sauce
8 ounces ricotta cheese
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup lightly packed fresh basil, chopped
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 package no boil lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

Brown the ground beef and sausage in a large pan, season with salt and pepper. Add the marinara sauce to the meat and set aside.

Mix the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan, pepper and basil in a bowl. Set aside.

Cover the bottom of the baking dish with 1 cup of the meat sauce. Arrange a single layer (3 sheets) of the uncooked lasagna noodles on the sauce. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the meat sauce evenly on top. Add half of the cheese mixture by spoonfuls evenly over the meat sauce and spread carefully. Top with a layer of noodles, 1 1/2 cups of the sauce, and the remaining cheese mixture. Top with a layer of noodles, 1 1/2 cups of the sauce, and the final layer of noodles. Spread the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, 10-15 more minutes. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness! That looks SO good. Making lasagna is actually on my "26 before 26" list...I've never made it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I will add that to my recipe binder. I am a new follower. I found you at our oklahoma nest:) Come visit my blog sometime www.lindsey-thegarrettgang@blogspot.com
    And Congrats on the baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs