Monday, May 19, 2008

Fun Weekend

Friday night I spent some girl time with my sweet friend Dinah. We had a great time shopping at Old Navy, getting pedicures and dinner at Panda Express.
I got home early and the hubby and I decided to pop some popcorn and we watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves! I had noticed earlier in the week it was coming on ABC Family tonight so I set the DVR to record it...love that thing! We spent a wonderful evening eating "Stir Crazy" popcorn and watching this fabulous movie! I hadn't seen it in ages it seems like and I was telling John tonight about the time {right after this movie came out} I dressed up as Maid Marian for Halloween. It was the kind of party where you show up and people have to guess who you are. Well, if you remember, Maid Marian had somewhat frizzy hair so the day of the party I wore TONS of tiny braids in my hair to school to make sure I had the whole outfit perfect for the evening. Everyone at school thought I was going to be Whoopi for Halloween...it was great because I had them so thrown off! Anywho...Friday night prooved to be a great night!

Saturday we slept in! It was so wonderful because we have been in a bad habit of going to bed late {hence my tardiness at work all week} and by the end of the week I was exhausted! We quickly got ready and headed out the door for a full day ahead of us. We had a few errands to run before heading to Courtney's graduation luncheon. She just completed her Master's degree in Speech Pathology! Congrats Court! We left her house and headed to Austin for John's cousin's wedding. The wedding was held at his Aunt and Uncle's house in Manor {just outside of Austin} and it was beautiful. John's cousin is very creative and crafty and designed/built this alter/backdrop thing out of cedar and hung crystals and mini bottles with fresh flowers in it! It was really beautiful. I love spending time with John's family {this was his dad's side}. They are so much fun to be around and they are all so close...I love that! The weather was perfect and I even got to play a couple games of washers! Such a fun wedding!

All in all...great weekend! We didn't bring our camera so no pictures but we had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had such a great weekend!! Hope you have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs