Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Thoughts on The Dark Knight

First, I would like to say that this movie was brilliant and it is so sad that Heath Ledger's life was cut short because there is a huge potential for greatness that has been lost. His performance was one that would have defined his career. Jack Nicholson was good, but Heath Ledger was better...way better. Ledger's Joker made Nicholson's Joker look simply like a clown.

Oh, and I also loved Aaron Eckhart's portrayal of Harvey Dent. I'm really starting to love Aaron Eckhart as an actor. First as George in Erin Brockovich then in Thank You for Smoking and now The Dark Knight. He's one I hope we will be seeing more of.

Maggie Gyllenhaal did a much better job playing Rachel Dawes than Katie Holmes in Batman Begins.

The movie as a whole was excellent. Extremely violent but not bloody. I give it an A-. The only reason I give it an A- is because I got annoyed with Batman's technologically altered voice. Next on my list of movies to see, Mamma Mia. My sister said it was awesome. I heard the only bad thing about this movie was that Pierce Brosnan can't sing. {It's a musical...}

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see it!!

    hope you are having a good end of summer @ work!

    p.s. i love you both

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs