Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Fun

Dear Blog,

I'm sorry I sort of abandoned you. I promise to get back into regular blogging soon. After NaBloPoMo I felt sort of liberated that I didn't have to post everyday. Last week was a very busy week also so it was nice not to have to rush home and try and post.

Love,
Lindsay

But seriously, last week was a Christmas banquet at church, Christmas on 5th Street and then I spent the weekend in The Woodlands visiting my good friend Ashley and her precious new baby Isabelle. It was such a wonderful time and I have pictures of sweet Isabelle that I will post later. But in the meantime..here is a fun Christmas questionnaire I got in an email.

Isabelle 044

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Now they are all wrapped, but as kids Santa left presents unwrapped.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights?
Always white!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but we don’t need it! ;)

5. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My dad’s smoked or fried turkey. Or dessert potatoes. (mashed potatoes that are so good they could be dessert..we came up with the name when we were kids.)

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
When my sister, brother and I all tried to sleep together in the same bed and would wake up so early to see what Santa brought. My parents had a rule that we couldn’t get up until the sun was up. I was notorious for waking up my brother and sister way too early.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Well, I remember asking my mom about Santa in their bathroom one day. She said I might be disappointed if I knew the truth so she didn’t “tell” me the truth. But I sort of knew.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to open one on Christmas Eve. Now, Christmas Eve we usually travel so no.

10. How do you decorate your tree?
White lights, popcorn and cranberries, and all our fabulous ornaments. We get an ornament on every vacation we take.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it! Want more of it here in Texas!

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, I used to love going to the Dallas Galleria to ice skate at Christmas around the huge tree!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
As a kid probably my play kitchen. Santa even left me a note on the note pad it came with!

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with family and celebrating the birth of our Lord.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Red velvet cake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My parents have a nativity where baby Jesus is separate from his bed in the manger. We would put baby Jesus as far from the nativity as we could and each day he would get closer to the manger and on Christmas morning we would put him in the manger.

17. What tops your Christmas tree?
A red star.

18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
I love them both.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Grown-Up Christmas List..ha! just kidding. Probably Chestnuts Roasting on a Open Fire.

20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck?
Ehh, I'd be fine without them but I don't hate them.

21. What do you want for Christmas?
A new camera lens.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Yes, several.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
Well, in the morning we are in our PJs, but we later get dressed..usually casual though.

24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Umm..I own a Santa chef’s hat..does that count?

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
We alternate families each year. This year we are with my parents.

How about you continue the fun. I tag YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs