Friday, May 28, 2010

this will have to do people!

We are too busy priming, painting, spray painting, unpacking, cleaning, bug spraying and home owning to even think about blogging!

Okay, so maybe I am thinking about it constantly. "Gosh, I really should update. That night before closing post is still sitting there."

So I haven't forgotten about you. We've just been crazy busy. We got to work IMMEDIATELY on removing doors (7 to be exact) painting and adding to this sweet little house that we OWN!

So, here are some iPhone pictures that will have to tide you over. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the plumbing issue that "came up" on Wednesday night. That was not pretty (nor did it smell pretty), but hey, we're homeowners now!

But don't worry, it is resolved thanks to the super friendly plumber that came to visit us at almost 10:00 that night.

So here we go...

priming
The very first thing we did (after removing all those doors) was begin priming the fireplace. Let's just say this took FOREVER and was not the most fun.

shutter install
For a priming break, John hung our shutters. It made SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

shutter
See! Remember the before pic? Also, notice the house numbers. There are still many things we want to do to the front (remove screen door, new black door, fix the landscaping, new light fixture....ugh!!)

new numbers
Changed those too. I love the cleaner lines of these.

fireplace
And the completed fireplace! We still need to get another screen for the other side. (It's a see through fireplace.) We also need to get mantels.

clock
And a shot of one of the many things that were spray painted. This clock used to be red but I thought it needed a new look. Easy!

So there you go people!

6 comments:

  1. If I were you, I would keep the screen door around for a while to decide if you might actually like it. I got rid of ours and now I want one because it is so nice to have when the weather is nice and you want the breeze, but not the bugs. Plus, its great for traffic when you are having people over in nice weather.. Something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love it! :) I know blogging is a pain when you've got renovation on the brain, but we LOVE your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see more!! No pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new home! It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks awesome!! The Shutters made a huge difference! And painting the fireplace...it looks great! It's so crazy what a few coats of paint will do. Can't wait to see everything else you've done. Home sweet home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you don't "know" me... but Im the Ratliffs niece... she sent me a link to your blog, and keeps telling me how much we have in common.. cute blog... congrats on the new house.... we too just bought our first house... and are working nonstop...
    the shutters are a great touch... love it...
    congrats....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs