Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baylor Homecoming 2010

IMG_6804

Baylor Homecoming. I heard someone once say that this is their favorite "holiday" and I have to agree. There is nothing like Baylor Homecoming. I know that as long as we will be able to we will go every year.

IMG_6803

This is the building I used to work in...
IMG_6802

Friday night we got to Waco around 9:30. Much later than we really wanted to, but I wasn't able to take off early so we made the best of it. We went straight to the bonfire.
IMG_6726

This year at Homecoming it was rather warm and it made the bonfire seem so much hotter. Needless to say, we didn't get too close.
IMG_6727

We did get our traditional pics in front of the fire. Just very far away...
IMG_6730

And our BFFs Patrick, Courtney and Baby Ethan who will be here in about 3 weeks!
IMG_6732

After the bonfire we headed over to Waco Hall for Pigskin Revue. Sorry, no pictures.

The next morning we got up early, had breakfast at Cafe Cappuccino. I was SO happy about this!


And then back to campus for the parade.
IMG_6734

IMG_6737

A little store about this picture. A Baylor alumni wrote a children's book called 'B is for Baylor' and was at the Baylor Bookstore doing a book signing. We decided to go ahead and get a signed book for any future babies we may have.
IMG_6749

John and me
IMG_6778

Patrick and John
IMG_6777

Courtney and me
IMG_6756

The Noze Brothers and the famous Poppa Rollo's truck
IMG_6771

The Noze Brotherhood is the organization Rand Paul was involved in while at Baylor.
IMG_6774

IMG_6779

This float won 1st place in whatever category it was in (can't remember). It was amazing. It had a working roller coaster...
IMG_6781

and ferris wheel...
IMG_6783

Getting our Rope newspaper
IMG_6790

After the parade we went to the Baylor Bookstore and got some new t-shirts and our autographed book. We skipped the game this year and went to Hamilton to see all of our old friends there. Sunday we went to our old church and saw so many people we have missed dearly. It was such a special time in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that looks like so much fun!! A couple of family friends went to homecoming too. I didn't go to Baylor...but I do love SPICE in Waco!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs