Tuesday, April 22, 2008

May 09

I have been saying that simple phrase a lot lately. "May 09" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? In 1 short year, 2 short semesters, and many papers, tests, orals and recitals John will graduate from grad school!!! I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. On August 22, 2005, just 2 short weeks after we got married, John started working on his Master of Music and Master of Divinity degrees from Baylor and Truett Seminary. It feels like forever ago but at the same time these {almost} 3 years have gone by so fast. He has finished all of his music classes and has only Truett classes left. I can't believe that John has 5 classes left, 3 in the fall, 2 in the spring. I don't imagine a lot of down time though, as he will be preparing for orals and his conducting recital, but knowing that his "class time" will be light is a wonderful thought.


This weekend John had his last concert of his school career! It's weird that he is done with all of his music classes and choir but that is only another reminder that he is getting so close to the end. I am so proud of my husband. He has worked so hard these past 3 years. His dedication to school and what he is doing amazes me every day. If you were to relate his grad career to baseball...he is on 3rd base, rounding into home! I'm not much of a baseball person so I'm really not sure where that analogy came from...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs