Thursday, March 26, 2009

the apartment

Remember when we got our parking spot because we've lived in our apartment for so long?

We never thought we would live in this apartment for as long as we have. Every year when we would get close to renewing our contract we would think about moving to a bigger place, and we even looked a couple times and got pretty close. But we stayed. We've lived there for as long as we've been married (minus 1 week for the honeymoon). In apartment years, that is a long time.

So, you would expect normal wear and tear but there are some serious things that are happening...

...our kitchen counter is painted (yes painted, I never said this is the White House) and that paint is starting to come off. You would expect it to after almost 4 years of cleaning.

...our guest bathroom sink had a hole in it. It is fixed now (a benefit of apartment living) and my plan was to take a picture of it yesterday when I got home from work, but they had already fixed it. (So at least we have a new sink, right?)

...last night our dryer stopped working. This was the 2nd time it has stopped but this morning it started again. Thank goodness.

OUR KITCHEN COUNTERS ARE COMING OFF...
OUR SINKS HAVE HOLES IN THEM...
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!!!!!

And I realize I've posted without pictures for a long time now and I promise to have some pictures soon. This weekend is Relay for Life at Baylor and I'm planning on bringing my camera.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA, that line from dumb & dumber always makes me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. i didn't even notice that was a line from a movie. i thought it was a reference to the pest infestation of 2007 (or was it 2006)? the orkin man dun made their heads fall off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs