Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Thoughts

Praise the Lord it is Friday! This week has dragged and I couldn't be more excited that today is Friday because that means next week is Spring Break! I work at a place {Baylor} where the students are off for Spring Break but the university is still open! So I've taken the whole week off and I'm looking forward to my break and being able to spend some time with my husband {more on him in a second} and some sweet friends.

So, speaking of John...he has been a champ this semester! He is crazy busy but is working so hard and is about 2 months away from graduation! If you do the math he's done 4 years of undergrad at Baylor and is finishing up his 4th year of grad school at Baylor. {8 years of school at Baylor!} He's crazy and I love him!

OK, so for those of you who have asked. I've been doing the South Beach Diet. I mostly eat at home and bring my lunch to work, but when I go out or don't bring my lunch I can find something to eat pretty much anywhere I go. I don't have to worry about counting calories or points. The first 2 weeks are the hardest part and really it's only the first few days when you have to get used to giving up the sugar, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. but you get used to and stop craving it. Plus there are so many online tools now and the food list of what you can eat is pretty extensive.

And, if I am going to be completely honest here I will say that I have not exercised enough. I have gone to the gym a few times at the very beginning but I have since cancelled my gym membership. I have done some walking and got the 30 Day Shred DVD that I did for a couple weeks. But lately I haven't been working out or exercising as much as I should and I'm going to use Spring Break to get back on track.

So there you have it. If you have diet/eating healthy/working out/exercising tips please share!

Happy Friday and Happy Spring Break to those who are off!

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred too and I LOVE it... it kicks my rear, and I sweat like crazy for what I feel in my mind is too short a time to sweat, but it's working!! What level are you on?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs