Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baked Vidalia Onion Dip

I'm baaaaack! And boy is it good to be back. I'm going to kick start my comeback with a very delicious and very easy dip recipe.

Sweet Onion Dip

Another one of Lady's fabulous dishes! I absolutely love this dip. The combination of the sweet onions, swiss cheese and white wine is so wonderful.

Sweet Onion Dip

I love to serve this with tortilla chips, I think it is the best way to enjoy this dip. But by all means, if you want to be healthy use veggies or crackers. Either way, it's so amazing, creamy and yummy!

Baked Vidalia Onion Dip

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 large Vidalia onions, coarsely chopped
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender.

Stir together shredded Swiss cheese and next 4 ingredients; stir in onion, blending well. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs