Sunday, December 19, 2010

Meet Oliver

Meet Oliver...our new puppy! He is a Shih Tzu, Terrier, Pekingese, Yorkie mix.

IMG_0887

We adopted Oliver (his given name was Pablo..ha!) the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We (read: I) have been wanting a dog for so long. John agreed to a dog if it was a Yorkie or something similar. Have you check the prices of Yorkies recently? Yikes!

So we decided to try the local pet adoption places. And I wasn't going to get my hopes up. We had to find the perfect dog for us and John had to love him also or else there was no way it was going to work.

So that Saturday, we went to the first place and the only puppies they had were Australian Shepherds. A little too big for us. So without even seeing them, we left and went down the street to the other place. They took us to the small dog area and we saw "Pablo" in the 3rd cage. We knew immediately we wanted to take him out and see what he was like.

And that was it. We were in a little room with him and he was so excited and loving and we were done. John said the magic words, "We'll take him!"

So we filled out all of the paperwork, got a few instructions and we were on our way. After a stop at Petsmart and Sonic (where he was named) we went home with our new pup.

He is perfect for us and I have to say John LOVES him. He will daily say, "I can't believe I'm becoming a dog person!" He loves Oliver and it's so fun to watch them.

IMG_0894

He loves his gingerbread man...
IMG_0923

And even though I say he is the perfect dog...he does get into a little trouble sometimes...
IMG_0912

I got this text from John once I was at work one day...we had been trying to teach Oliver to play tug with this toy rope he has. Well, he played tug on the lamp cord...
IMG_0906

We love our new dog and have been having so much fun with him. He even has his own personalized stocking and we got a few things for him for Christmas yesterday.

Oh, the coolest part...he was born around the time I got pregnant...so he's 14 weeks!

4 comments:

  1. oh, naughty oliver! he's a cutie, though!

    are you enjoying your time off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO cute! That is the perfect size dog. I was buying our pup some Christmas things the other day and felt a little silly. Glad to know that I am not the only one! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!!!

    i would only recommend black swan if you're not squeamish about a little blood and some pretty vulgar sex scenes... it was too much for me, but i see why the critics loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs