Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas 2010 - part 1

Ahh...I'm so behind! I wanted to have this posted over a week ago. Oh well.

This year for Christmas, John's mom and sister came down and celebrated with us. They got here the afternoon of Christmas Eve and stayed through church Sunday. We had a wonderfully relaxing Christmas and weekend.

Unfortunately, pregnancy has made me unable to take pictures. I only took pictures Christmas morning so here's what went down...

IMG_7144
Every gift has a story so I'm sure that is what Susan is doing here! :)

IMG_7145
John and Sara
IMG_7185
The gift I got John was also sort of a gift for myself. He has been wanting one a headlamp, but also it means I don't have to go outside at night with him and hold a flashlight while he works outside. Score!
IMG_7128
Of course Oliver got a few goodies (only what fit in his small stocking).


IMG_7181
And Baby Woods got several things! Including these awesome board books.


IMG_7179
Oliver's favortie gift was his busy bone. It kept him occupied pretty much all of Christmas Day.

Not pictured are some of our favorite gifts from Susan....John got a new pair of Chacos. He got his first pair the summer of 2003 and wore them until September. It was time to replace them. Susan gave me a steam mop! I had been wanting one for several reasons...no chemicals so it won't hurt Oliver and most importantly the baby that will be here soon and it will save money not having to buy cleaner and swiffer pads. It santizes the hardwoods with steam and we love it.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing...John did a lot of reading, we watched Marley and Me and cooked Christmas dinner. We had turkey, tamale dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans with caramelized onions and bacon and rolls. Yum!

Thank you Sara and Susan for spending Christmas with us...we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs