Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas 2010 - part 2/Happy New Year

This recap is picture-less and I hate myself for that. It was such a special and wonderful weekend and I failed at the camera again. This recap is mostly so I remember the weekend.

My parents came down the weekend of New Year's to celebrate Christmas. With my new job I don't have vacation time until after 6 months so taking any time off at Christmas this year was out of the question. So my parents were so sweet and came down to see us. I hate that we didn't get to celebrate with my brother, sister and brother-in-law but we still had a great time.

They got here Thursday night and we just had a relaxing evening. They brought food from PF Changs (yum!) and then we opened presents. I'm kicking myself now for not taking any pictures!

Friday we got up and went to Sugar Land for the day. We started the day with brunch at The Black Walnut. It is one of our favorite places and the first time for my dad to try it.

We spent the rest of the day shopping. I got some maternity clothes, went to a darling baby boutique to look at chairs and strollers, we exchanged a Christmas present that John got and then it was on to Babies R Us to register.

We took advantage of the fact that we were in Sugar Land and that my parents were here to go ahead and register (even though it is a little early). There is not one in Victoria and we wanted the wisdom my parents had to offer.

Let's just say that registering was so overwhelming!

Friday night we cooked a delicious dinner of beef tenderloin, mac and cheese and creamed spinach. We taught my parents how to play Settlers of Catan and then rang in the new year...at 11:00!

Saturday we slept in, made breakfast, mom and I took a long walk with the dogs (well, started off with both dogs, but ended up just with Oliver who mom had to carry about halfway through the walk b/c he was too tired). We had yummy snacks and appetizers to munch on throughout the day and played several more games of Settlers.

Sunday we went to church and then they got on the road pretty fast for the 7 hour drive back to Dallas. We had the best weekend and are so grateful for them!

3 comments:

  1. check out Old Navy online for maternity clothes...so helpful, tons of comments and user reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all you registered for!! And I concur about old navy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a wonderful family weekend!! i'm so anxious to hit up a few baby boutique's i've heard about...down side: 2 hour drive, but i'm sure it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs