Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve looked a little different for us this year. We had a fun family day which we all loved. We went to lunch at Olive Garden and Hudson had a great time coloring.


I loved Emma's Christmas ruffle butt!


That evening the kids and I stayed home from the Christmas Eve service. When you are married to a music pastor you get used to doing a lot of church things on your own. On Sunday mornings John leaves early and I get myself and both kids ready and we go to church on our own. Our Christmas Eve service is a "family" event so there isn't any nursery or childcare. I was not up to being by myself (since John leads the service) with a wild 18 month old and a 2 month old. We stayed home and read a few Christmas books and packed the car for our trip to Dallas.

When John got home from church we loaded the kids up and drove from 8pm-2am. Emma was excited about her first road trip!


Our first stop before our first long ride...


And the main reason we drove through the night was the crazy weather Dallas got. I'm SO glad we did this. 


Dallas is surprisingly empty at 2 am on Christmas Eve. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs