Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April :: 10 on 10

ten on ten button

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month! {Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

Like the 10th of every month, Hudson had a monthly birthday. I can't believe that he will be 2 in 2 months. And I will be 30 in 2 months! I love this precious boy.


While I had the big camera out and both kids looked adorable I snapped a couple pictures of them together. Or I tried to. When I took these pictures it was about 78 degrees out around 10 am. By 1:00 it was in the 50s! Crazy Texas weather. 


My sweet, happy Emma James. I love her!


This morning we had a ton of errands to run. One of which was going by an antique consignment store to pick up a couple of checks I had from things I'd sold. I was brave and took both kids in with me. Hudson was perfect and even waved bye and blew kisses to the sweet ladies when we left. So I rewarded us with Starbucks treats. Hudson enjoyed his first Starbucks cake pop.


A friend of mine gave me this fedora that her boys don't wear. Hudson is obsessed with it! He wore it just about the whole time we were in the car (until he dropped it while I was driving and I couldn't get it) and then wore it once we got home while doing his puzzles. 


Emma has been so "off" lately. So today I worked hard to get her back on her schedule that she is happiest on. I turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and this girl was glued to the TV! She even giggled during some parts. Love those big eyes!


After naps we loaded up to go to Sonic happy hour. We do this 3-4 times a week and usually take a drink to John at church. During this trip, I forgot Emma's paci so she was mad and Hudson dumped his snack all over his lap. Not the best mom moment. 


Hudson has been hitting and pushing lately. I say lately, it happened during church a couple weeks ago and a few times since then. His punishment for pushing or hitting is timeout. Today he hit Oliver (the dog) and in an effort to be consistent with discipline, he got a timeout. We were in his room playing when it happened so I said, "Hudson, we don't hit Oliver. You need to go to timeout for 2 minutes." He got up, walked down the hallway and came and sat here. His timeout spot. I was somewhat proud but I also hate this part of parenting. 


While I was getting Hudson's dinner ready Emma was super fussy. She goes to bed at 7 but she starts getting really tired around 6. At 6:15 I had to hold her because nothing else was working. She immediately fell asleep on me. Like, eyes closed, head fell and was out cold. Poor baby! 


Our new Wednesday night tradition is probably a highlight of my week! Wednesdays are very long days for me. Since John is a music pastor, he has Wednesday night activities and doesn't get home until after 9:00. One of our favorite Mexican restaurants in our town has $1 taco Wednesdays so he picked up dinner on his way home. I loved not having to cook dinner after putting both kids to bed....after an already long and exhausting day! 


Happy 10th of the month everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Those tacos look so GOOD!! And I love Emma's face watching MIckey Mouse. She is so into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Emma was into Mickey...too funny! And Hudson in his little button shirt is too handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hudson and Emma are adorable!! And those tacos look delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs