Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter Weekend 2013

We had a great Easter weekend. John and Hudson started the weekend off by mowing the lawn. I love that I got to see this sweet embrace.


Pretty soon after "they" finished the yard, Pop Pop and Grandma showed up for the weekend. We went and picked up lunch and then had a picnic at the park. 


Really, everyone else had a picnic. Hudson wanted no part of eating...he wanted to play. So I followed him around feeding him his lunch while he played. New rule...eat before you go to the park.


I adore this series of pictures. Emma and Hudson are starting to interact with each other more and more every day. She lights up when she sees him!


A little wagon ride in the backyard before we went to dinner on Saturday night. 



This was the best picture I got of Hudson and Emma together on Easter Sunday. Trying to photograph a 21 month old and a 5 month old is not easy. I am thrilled with this picture. They are both semi-smiling and it isn't blurry. An Easter miracle.


And of course, a picture of Emma James and her huge smile. And huge bow. She ended up wearing the one in the picture above. 


After church we went over to some friends' house for lunch. They have the coolest play house and Hudson had the best time with it.



Sweet Emma did amazingly well! She napped for the first part of lunch and was awake and happy the rest of the time. 



The bluebonnets are were starting to bloom out there and in about a month their land will be covered in gorgeous wildflowers. I can't wait to see it then!



Our family of 4 on Easter. It's so crazy to think that this was my first year since 2010 to not be pregnant on Easter. 2011 I was pregnant with Hudson, and in 2012 we had Hudson and I was pregnant with Emma. I am happy to not be pregnant this year. I love this picture though, not because it's perfect, but because it is our life right now. Wild, busy, and loving every second.


A little Easter sic 'em.


Gosh, I love these boys.



Hudson LOVED chasing this little baby goat around.


Later that afternoon, Emma was so happy. Hudson got to take a short nap about 3 hours later than normal. I love when we get some time alone with just her. 


She adores her daddy. 



Sweet love fell asleep in her bumbo. It was a full and exhausting day for everyone. 


Being in ministry, Sundays are often rushed and full. We saved Easter baskets for Monday morning. John took Monday off so he was able to see Hudson enjoy his Easter goodies. He leaves so early on Sundays that it would have been too hard to do them that morning. 




He wasn't sure what to think about the confetti eggs. Well, he really didn't like them at all at first. 



I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebrating our risen Savior. 

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love Emma's dress and Hudson's jacket...SO CUTE!! Where did you get it? Might just have to get one for Avery for next year!

    Looks like a wonderful Easter! Oh and what are confetti eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hudson looks just like john in the picture in front of the play house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs