Wednesday, September 30, 2009

our last day at FBC Hamilton

**I wrote this back on August 5th but I have been waiting for pictures from this day. **

Our last days in Waco/Hamilton were all very emotional for me. And with all these "last" posts I am remembering our times with sweet friends and I am so thankful that God put these people in our lives and I will always cherish our times with them.

I am a weird emotional person. I cry a lot. Yet, there are times where you would think an emotional person would cry and I do not. Like our wedding day. I did not shed a single tear. Not one. I have cried at every other wedding I have ever attended, even the ones where I didn't know the bride or groom very well. I was so happy, too happy to cry even though I am known to cry when I am happy. I mentioned to John before our last Sunday in Hamilton, "what if I don't cry." I was a little worried, with my history of not crying when I should, that I might not cry on our last Sunday. I realize now it is a VERY silly thing to think about, let alone worry about, but I did.

Ha! Did I cry? You bet I did!!!

My crying started early in the day. I was sitting in a pew during worship rehearsal and my eyes welled up with tears. So I left the sanctuary. I wasn't ready to cry yet. And one by one as I started to see the faces of the people we have been doing ministry with the tears were coming!

I'm not really sure how to describe our last day other than it was really difficult. It was difficult to speak about what they meant to us, difficult to hug those we love, difficult to say goodbye.

last sunday
Just us after the service.

last sunday
John saying a few words.

last sunday
Me trying to say a few words.

last sunday
Lots of new things to hang on our walls.

last sunday
Here is John's "Tom Cruise" face.

last sunday
Gorgeous crystal bowl. Thanks choir! :)

last sunday
John getting hugs from the precious kids.

last sunday
Us with Grant

last sunday
Us with Pat

last sunday
All the staff and wives.

last sunday
John and the accompanists.

Thank you to sweet Saundra for taking pictures of this day. We felt so loved and it was so difficult to say goodbye.

5 comments:

  1. Lindsay, you are describing ME, I am laughing so hard reading this. I am a cry-er too, big time, but I didn't cry on my wedding day either! I usually don't have to know the bride and groom to cry a river, but I was all smiles on my own wedding day. Johnny, however, practically bawled through our entire ceremony!! (sshhh don't anyone tell that I told this on him) I was certain our friends and family expected him to bolt and run at the last minute! Hahaha! These pics are so sweet...I know it's so hard to say goodbye....but I am so HAPPY that we got to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures... know that you are STILL missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! LOL at the "Tom Cruise Face"! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pink is a great color on you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs