Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Emma :: 5 months old

Emma James!

You are 5 months old now! I feel like you have changed so much this month. You have been such a delight. You are SO SO happy and rarely cry or fuss. You are so laid back, happy, and such a smiley baby! Hudson was a happy and easy baby but never smiled as much as you do. You are such a joy to us and we are completely in love with you!


This was a pretty big month for you. You rolled over onto your tummy in the middle of the night while you were swaddled so we dropped it cold turkey (in the middle of the night). It was a long night that first night and it took you a few days to adjust but you've been sleeping great on your tummy since! 


Like I said, you are the smiley-est (not really a word but you get what I'm saying) baby ever! You are so stingy with your laughs but you will constantly smile and it's a huge smile! I call it your cheerleader smile. You are such a happy, content, and easy baby! But trying to get you to laugh is next to impossible. I've done it once, your daddy has done it once, and your babysitter got you to laugh. That's it. You started to play in the jumperoo this month and love it. When we first put you in it a few weeks ago your feet barely touched the ground and now you are flat footed. I can't believe how much you've grown in such a short amount of time!

You've become a paci baby this month! You've always taken one if you were tired but you have really started to love it this month. You don't get it when you are asleep though. You sleep great without it and I'd like to not have to break that habit one day. 


Your schedule this month has been changing a lot. I tried for so long to get you and Hudson to nap at the same time in the afternoon when he naps. I wanted so badly for you to take a 2+ hour nap like he does in the afternoon. I would put y'all down at the same time and you wouldn't end up napping for very long and you were fussy for the rest of the day. It was a big mess and just not working for us. You are now taking 3 shorter naps and if I'm lucky I get about an hour (tops) overlap in naps. I know this is only a season and as you start dropping naps they will match up. As long as both of you are happy, this mama is happy!

You are drooling so much and constantly chewing on something, either your hands, OUR hands, Sophie...whatever you can get in your mouth! I really have no idea if teeth are close but you are definitely teething. 


You are sleeping about 12 hours at night. I will start nursing you between 6:45/7:00 and you are usually asleep in your crib around 7:30/8:00. You will wake up in the mornings between 7:00/7:30. You nurse at 7:00, 10:00, 1:00, 4:00, and 7:00. You nap at 8:30, 12:00, and 2:30. 

You have started to kick your legs so much when you are on your tummy! I loved it when your brother started doing this. It looks like you are trying to swim! You are loving being on your tummy so much more now that you are stronger. 


We haven't started on solids yet and will wait until you are at least 6 months old. I'm not in a hurry at all! It just adds something else that I have to think about during the day. And it changes "things." You are growing and developing perfectly right now EBF so I'm good with that! 


We love you so much Emma James! This has been such a fun month with you. You are starting to notice Hudson and Oliver and get so excited when Hudson pays attention to you. He is so sweet and still smothers you with kisses. We are completely overwhelmed with love for both of you. 

Love,
Mommy

::5 month stats::
weight: 16 pounds
height: 24 1/2 inches
eating: nursing every 3 hours
clothes: 3-6 months or 6 months
diaper: size 2

Look how you've changed!


Hudson at 5 months and Emma at 5 months...


1 comment:

  1. Emma looks like such a little lady! Can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs