Sunday, October 18, 2009

Banana Bread

Banana Bread

I love banana bread. I love when I have bananas that are about to go bad and I have a great excuse to make this. Sometimes I even buy bananas and wait for them to go bad so I can make this.

Banana Bread

Whether your excuse, banana bread is loved by all.

Banana Bread

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups mashed bananas, 1/2 cup diced bananas (you can mash them all if you prefer)

Mix sugar, flour, salt and baking soda. Using a pastry cutter, cut in shortening. Separately mix eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture. Stir in bananas. Pour into 2 greased and floured bread pans. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs