Thursday, January 22, 2009

Green Chicken Salad

Green Chicken Salad

So you may or may not know that the hubs and I have been doing the South Beach Diet. We have both been very successful so far and it has not been difficult at all. I love chicken salad..all kinds. One of my favorites involves grapes, walnuts, and dried cranberries. However, on phase 1 of South Beach we were not able to eat fruit so I had to adapt my recipe. I made this during phase 1 and again now that we are on phase 2 (and are able to eat fruit) and I love it.

Green Chicken Salad


Green Chicken Salad

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon seasoned pepper
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 bay leaf
4 stalks celery chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
3 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
1 teaspoon garlic (this is the only time I use pre-minced garlic in a jar. Fresh is too overpowering.)
3/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon white pepper

Place chicken breasts in a medium pot and cover with water. Add the seasoned pepper, seasoned salt and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and cook until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pot and discard cooking liquid. Shred or chop chicken and put in a large bowl. Add celery, bell pepper, chives, garlic, mayonnaise and white pepper. Mix well, chill and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs