Saturday, January 3, 2009

Black Eye Pea Dip

Santa Fe 2008 192

Lady has been making this dip on New Year's Day for years now. Black eye peas have never been something I've loved but I do make sure to eat some every year on January 1st. This dip makes it so easy to eat your black eye peas and even a little hard to stop!

PS: I made this at my mother-in-law's house this year so no pictures. I'm sorry, I'm not perfect.

Black Eye Pea Dip

2 cans black eye peas with jalapenos, drained and rinsed
1 can Rotel, drained
1/2 red onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 avocados, diced
1 Tablespoon lime juice
3/4 cup Italian dressing

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve with lots of tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay,
    Thank you for sharing your Chocolate Chip cake recipe! I'm sending Joe to the store to get the ingredients. I knew you would have some good suggestions. I love trying new recipes when I can be the one to enjoy them and try them out first. But, when I have to take something somewhere I don't like to make something that I randomly found and haven't tried...problem is I'm on a major diet, so I needed your input to ensure it would be worth sharing! : )
    Have you ever made Paula D's "Not Yo' Momma's Banana Pudding" ??? It is one of my favorites, but I try to save that for summer time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs