Wednesday, July 11, 2012

our week at Lady's

A couple of weeks ago we spent the week at my mom's house. What was supposed to be a fun week turned into a week with a sick baby. 

We went shopping on Tuesday and had lunch at Cheesecake Factory. Hudson was a champ while we shopped. He wanted to get out of the stroller and run around so bad but there is only so much of that a 1 year old can do in a mall. 

That afternoon we went to the Beach Club. I grew up going here in the summers so it was so much fun bringing Hudson here. 

He loved the splash pad they had there and watching the bigger kids running around.

He ate a little bit of sand and drank some water but that's to be expected from a 1 year old. 

He woke up around 3:00 am Wednesday morning and had thrown up in his pack n play. It was the first time he had thrown up and it wasn't really too bad. I got him cleaned up and changed his bedding. He didn't have a fever and was ready to start playing. Oh no. So I put him back to bed and he slept until almost 8:00.

Unfortunately he got worse from there. Wednesday around noon he threw up again. But this time all over me. Aunt Whit was there and was able to help me clean him up. He started acting like he felt bad at this point. He took a nice long nap that afternoon and then enjoyed watching Yo Gabba Gabba with Aunt Whit when he got up.

Aunt Whitney and Uncle Jonathan gave Hudson his birthday present Wednesday night. He was very curious to see what was inside!

Of course it was a basketball goal! Uncle Jonathan is a basketball coach and is already so proud of what a great player Hudson is. :)

Hudson caught on SO fast and loved playing. 

Now, I will say to Hudson, "let's play basketball," and he will go find the ball and put it into the goal. He gets so excited and claps for himself when it goes in!

Aunt Betsy and Uncle Mark came over for dinner Wednesday night. Hudson loves his Aunt Betsy!

Hudson found a canvas of John and I and would look at it in the mornings and say, "Dada." He missed his daddy for sure!

By Thursday this little guy was not feeling well at all. He had a fever and was not acting like himself.

He would lay on his pallet on the floor and just watch Yo Gabba Gabba. 

One of the good things...I got lots of cuddle time. A very rare occurrence these days.

He wasn't asleep in this picture but just laying on the floor. SO unusual for him!

Friday morning we got up and got ready to head home. He still wasn't feeling great so we went to the doctor when we got back and he just had a small viral infection. By Saturday afternoon he was feeling so much better...just in time to head to the river!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Hudson.. Glad it was nothing too serious making him vomit.. Poor guy!!!

Blogger Template By Designer Blogs