Saturday, July 14, 2012

summer music camp

We've had a fun week this week at Summer Music Camp. This was my first year to be able to help out. Last year Hudson was only 6 or 7 weeks old and all the years before I was working. I was excited to be a part of it this year.

I worked with arts and a couple of days the little ones got to come in and help with the backdrop. This was Hudson's first time doing an art project. :)


In 1 week the kids learn (memorize) an entire musical and create their own backdrop and props for the performance. We had 211 kids this year so it was quite an undertaking.


John did a great job! He is so good with kids. It rained pretty much all week but on Wednesday we lost power for about 2 hours. John was a quick thinker and had a mass rehearsal with the kids in the courtyard. 




I loved my group that I worked with this week. They are all such great friends of mine so we had so much fun together.


Hudson with Erin before the performance on Friday night.


Hudson and Landry looking so cute in their mini camp t-shirts!


All of the campers were supposed to wear their t-shirts with jeans. Hudson's jeans were a size 6-12 month. They fit fine everywhere except the length. :)



Hudson and me with Amanda and Landry. We are going to miss them so much when they move in a few weeks!


Hudson had quite the following after the performance Friday night. He loves the stairs so he had some of the older kids crawling with him. :)


Here you can see the art project the kids completed this week. At music camp they do not do any take home craft projects. Instead they create the backdrop and props for the performance. The musical they did this year was "Good Kings Come in Small Packages" which is the story of King Josiah. My favorite part of the backdrop is the huge crown hanging above the kids. 


We had a great week but it was very exhausting! 

2 comments:

  1. How fun.. Looks like a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! I wish our church offered camp for the little ones, Judah is to young (19 months) and you have to be 4 years old. But I can't wait for the day where I can volunteer with them. Makes me miss working in full time ministry but I wouldn't give up being a SAHM to my little guy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs