Thursday, August 9, 2012

Emma Update!

I had my 27 week appointment today along with the glucose test. BTW, 27 weeks = 3rd trimester!! Whoa baby!

In the last month I only gained 3.5 pounds which I was SO happy about. I was nervous because a week on vacation meant lots of eating. This pregnancy is so so so different from Hudson's. I've gained 23 pounds so far and have almost no swelling. At this point with Hudson, I had already gained at least 30 pounds and was very swollen. Couldn't even wear my wedding rings. I'm still able to!

My doctor told me I was a boring and easy patient. Which I take as a great thing! My time with him is always around 2 or 3 minutes. He listens to the heartbeat, asks how things are going and if I have any questions. My answer is always, "going great. No questions!" And then he says, "Great, I'll see you back in __ weeks!" But today he added in, "And we will schedule your c-section at that appointment." What!?! I can't believe we are already at that point! I'm excited to get Emma's birthday on the calendar!

Because this time around is so different I'm really thinking that I don't have GD again. The chances of me having it again are very high but for some reason I don't think I have it. But if I do, I know how to manage it and it was never a problem with Hudson.

We are starting to clean out the office/guest room which will be Emma's room. There is a lot of stuff that we need to find a new home for now but I'm so excited to get started on her room.

So there's a boring and easy update on our sweet growing girl. We are getting SO excited to meet her in about 12 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! I hope you don't have G.D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going well! Fingers crossed the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs