Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Movin' to Bham!

ICYMI, I'm not giving up on blogging. I'm going back to June and posting about all the things that happened this summer. Hang in there with me as I get all caught up. 

On June 24 we began our drive from Texas to Birmingham. We left McKinney and decided to stay the night Monday night in Little Rock. Going through Little Rock added about 45 minutes to the total distance of the trip to Alabama so it wasn't that much further each day. 

We stopped at a rest area about 30 miles before we got to Little Rock. We all needed a break from the car(s). One of the worst parts about the drive was that John and I weren't in the car together since we had to drive both cars. 


This picture cracks me up. Right after I took this I realized Oliver got out of his collar. I didn't realize I got a picture of it until later that night.


Hudson once again, loved the hotel phone. He got to talk to Dora and Boots a lot.


Since we were in Little Rock, we got to meet some of my Twitter friends! Nathaniel is about 6 weeks older than Emma.


That evening we got the husbands involved and we all went to dinner. Hudson was so crazy about Addi!


Emma was DONE. Ha! God bless our waiter. 


I love these girls! We chat almost daily on Twitter so it's like we already knew each other. Such a fun afternoon and evening with them.


See...he was crazy about her. What's not to love. She's adorable.


Doing some hotel bathroom teeth brushing. 


The next morning we stopped at Starbucks for coffee and breakfast. John got Hudson a danish and he was a big {messy} fan.


We planned our trip through Little Rock so that we could stop in Memphis for lunch on Tuesday. We went to Central BBQ and it was amazing. The kids loved the pulled pork.





WE'RE IN ALABAMA!


We got into Birmingham and went straight to our house. It was about 4:00 in the afternoon and our stuff wasn't going to arrive until the next morning so we unloaded the things that we had packed in our cars and then went to check in at the hotel.


Hudson checking out his new view.


Goodnight kisses in the hotel. 


The next morning we were so excited to get to our house and start moving in!


We love our new backyard. Hudson was excited that he didn't have to ride in a car again for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs