Tuesday, August 27, 2013

first days & moving in

ICYMI, I'm not giving up on blogging. I'm going back to June and posting about all the things that happened this summer. Hang in there with me as I get all caught up. 

We moved into our house on Wednesday, June 26. The church was SO SO SO gracious and let us take Hudson and Emma to the childcare for the rec center in the morning and after lunch a new friend (who at the time we'd never met before) watched them during their naps. It was such a blessing to be able to focus on the moving in process and not have to worry about them being in the way.

So here is the backyard (which is really on the side of the house). It's such a beautiful yard.


I'll take better pictures and include those in a house tour post, these are just a couple I snapped while the movers were unloading the truck.


We love that little sunroom. The kids play in there all day long. It is perfect.



Y'all we have a basement. It's so creepy but also nice to have. I feel safe know that we have that if there is ever a tornado. But it still scares the bejesus out of me.


My job was to supervise and play traffic cop. When they came in with something, I told them where to put it.


Our first priority was Hudson's room. We wanted him to come home from childcare and see his room almost the exact same. He has done GREAT with this transition. Emma has too obviously, but she's also not a 2 year old. :)


Our first meal in our new house. Surrounded by boxes.


The next morning we took Hudson across the street to the childcare again. We had lots of unpacking to do and there was just too much stuff for him to be able to play safely. Emma wasn't mobile yet so she stayed home.


Later that evening, Lady arrived! She was there to help unpack and love on babies. 


To this day, Hudson's favorite place in the sunroom is the corner behind the trunk. 


Lots of fun in the sunroom.


This "big" rock in the backyard is so much fun for a 2 year old.


"Ba-woons!"


Hudson has an obsession with popsicles.


And it's a great bonus that Steel City Pops is around the corner from our house!


Salad lover. This kid could live on fruit, popsicles, and salad.


Right around the time we moved here, Emma decided that she was done with baby food. She was obsessed with Cheerios.


My sweet loves enjoying a popsicle together.


Watching these 2 play together gives me insane amounts of joy.



We are so blessed. We are still adjusting to life here, but we love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs