Monday, October 7, 2013

weekend update!

We had a pretty low key weekend but it was still great. Friday the kids and I met some new friends at the zoo. While we were waiting on everyone to get there this woman was inside the parrot exhibit taking pictures. I thought it was strange at first and then like 4 or 5 employees come running toward her yelling, "ma'am! You cannot be inside the exhibit!" Haha! So she has to jump over that little river thing and then there was another small river to get over before she got to where you see her standing in this picture.


Right under these parrots is where she was standing when she got in trouble. It was so strange!! Ha!


Anyway...Hudson's favorite part of the zoo is these picture cutout things. And each time he gets in one he makes the animal sound. So cute!


Except for this bat...he doesn't know what sound a bat makes. Sort of like the fox I guess.


I love it when the animals are actually close and moving around! This tiger got so close to them it was a little scary.



Emma's favorite part was lunch. This girl loves her some food.


After we got home from the zoo, I put the kids down for naps and I laid down on the couch because I was so exhausted. I also felt bad but I figured it was because I was so tired. After a nap I still felt bad and took my temp which was almost 100. So I went and got in bed and John hung out with the kids alone. He took them to Chick fil A for dinner and while he was gone my temp got up to 102.8. I felt awful! (Oh, I even took a pregnancy test to rule that out!)


He was so sweet to bring me some soup home. After he put the kids to bed, I was able to come out of the bedroom and we watched a little tv and then I went to bed around 9:00. I got almost 12 hours of sleep that night and woke up feeling so much better. 


We just relaxed on Saturday and stayed home. I had a couple errands to run so I got to do that alone (!!!) which is always nice.

Sunday we went to church. We ate an early lunch when we got home and everyone was in bed and asleep by 12:30.


We had another relaxing afternoon and evening and my boys even got in some light reading. :)


Happy Monday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs