Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day weekend recap!

I am still WAY behind on blogging, but I decided to catch up while trying to stay caught up. Does that make sense? ha!

We had a great weekend and I had a wonderful Mother's Day. We keep Mother's Day and Father's Day pretty simple around here. I love it that way. John picked up my favorites for lunch and dinner but for the most part it was a pretty normal Sunday.

Our weekends start on Thursday night since Fridays are John's day off. We have several friends that live around us so we all decided to start a monthly supper club. We had our first one on Thursday night and Hudson and Emma had so much fun playing in Chloe and Caleb's jeeps. Emma really had no idea how to drive it but she thought she was big stuff sitting in it. :)


Hudson is pretty much crazy about Chloe and was so excited when he found out we were going to her house for dinner!


Emma had been pretty fussy and not sleeping well all week but I just assumed she was teething. I knew she was teething because I could feel an eye tooth coming through but on Friday she woke up completely miserable. Since it was Friday, I decided to take her to the doctor to make sure it wasn't an ear infection. She passed out on the way to the doctor.


But when we got there she was totally normal and even played peek-a-boo with me. Silly girl!


Thankfully Emma didn't have an ear infection. We got home and played and then the kids went down for early naps. I got caught up on some laundry and cleaning while John did a little work from home. 

While I was getting ready for our date night I got to be creeper mom and see this sweet moment.


John also took Hudson to get a haircut on Friday morning. I love his hair long and shaggy but I think it looks so much better short. Plus, he's the world's sweatiest kid. ha!


We went out to dinner with another couple to this great little Italian place tucked back in our neighborhood. It was SO delicious and fun. 


Saturday morning we had a 2nd birthday party to go to for our sweet little friend, Mary Everett. It was supposed to be outside at their house, but it was a little rainy so they moved it to the church's basement. It was such a cute party!


The theme was bubbles and breakfast and of course mine were loving the donuts...


...and cupcakes!



Saturday we also picked up Hudson's new bed (headboard, footboard and trundle) and then walked to go eat at the Mexican restaurant around the corner. We sat outside on the patio and it was a perfect evening!



and ice cream for dessert!



Hudson wanted to FaceTime everyone we knew so on the way home he was talking to Pop Pop and Grandma. It was so funny because he was walking and holding the phone just talking away and at one point he held the phone up to show them the moon. I love this age so much!


Like I said, Sunday was a pretty normal Sunday. We went to church, had lunch, napped, played. We went and got cake pops, played a ton of ring around the rosie, had a dance party to Frozen...whatever they wanted to do, we did. It was simple but perfect. I love my family so much and I am so thankful I get to do what I do.




After the kids ate dinner we went on a walk. John was still at church so they just had turkey, cheese, strawberries, and bananas. I kept it easy for them. 


After our walk, John went and picked up our favorite sushi for dinner and the kids had  a snack and watched Frozen. Hudson LOVES Frozen, but this was the first time Emma sat and watched it. After John got home, we put them to bed and enjoyed our sushi and watched Mad Men. 


Again...SO thankful for these 2 and their daddy. I am beyond blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs