Tuesday, October 14, 2014

weekend wrap-up!

Well once again...it's been about 3 weeks since I've posted. We went to Texas for a week, life has been busy but fun, and the kids are growing like crazy. I mean, Emma is going to be 2 in less than a week.....WHAT?!?! 


John and I both got an iPhone 6 and they came in on Thursday. Woohoo!


Thursday evening John was doing a service project with the senior adult choir so it was the kids and I  hanging out. 


Hudson and Emma fight so well together but they also play so well together and love each other like crazy. Love them!


Friday morning Emma picked out her outfit. We changed before we left the house to go run errands. :)


On our way home from Target Hudson told me, "It's time to rock n roll!" hehe!


Emma was all about the crazy outfits this weekend. In this picture she was wearing one of my camis around her neck as her "sarf" with a too small pool hat. She found my pile of clothes after cleaning out her closet. :)


Friday night after dinner we walked to go get ice cram. I'm thankful for stain remover.


Hudson has been alphabet obsessed for a while now and Emma is following in his footsteps. Emma looked up and saw the "Edgewood Creamery" sign and yelled, "yook ABCs!" and they were starstruck.


Friday night they wore their new skeleton jams.


They've been wearing their pairs from last year up until last week but Emma's were fitting like a crop top and capris. It's crazy to think that Emma's are the same size that Hudson wore last year. 


Saturday morning snuggles with my favorite littles.


John and Emma went to the McWane Center on Saturday morning and I got to spend a little one-on-one time with my oldest.


Since Hudson goes to school 3 days a week and Emma only goes 2, I feel like I get so much more one-on-one time with her so it was so fun to have just a Hudson and mommy morning.


We baked a cake to take to our friends' house that night.


Hudson had so much fun! And he did so great. For birthday celebrations in his class, instead of the birthday kid bringing cupcakes or cookies, they bring in a cake mix, frosting, and sprinkles. The whole class makes the cake together and then the birthday kid gets to take the cake with the teacher to the oven. Then all of the kids get to frost their own cupcake. I love that they do this! Plus, the kids with summer birthdays (Hudson) will also have a chance to do this. I absolutely love his teachers this year!


The taste test. Love him!


Our cake tasted great but when I went to invert the bundt pan, the cake completely fell apart. I've made this cake hundreds of times so I was so mad at myself when that happened. But John suggested I turn it into a trifle and it was incredible. I'll post the recipe soon!


Saturday night we went to dinner at some friends house. Emma picked her outfit once again. Even down to her two bows. :)


Hudson and Dante are such sweet buddies. He is almost 2 years older than Hudson but they played so well together!



And doesn't everyone sort marbles while wearing a football helmet?


Dante's daddy is a drummer so he has a drum set in his room. Hudson LOVED it.


We went to church on Sunday morning, then had a relaxing day at home. It was wonderful. Sunday night Hudson practiced writing his name and Emma was jealous. Girlfriend loves pens and paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs