Monday, December 10, 2012

10 on 10 :: december


I have been wanting to do a 10 on 10 post (document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day) for a long time but used the excuse that Hudson's monthly updates are always that day. I decided today to just do it and have 2 posts. We'll see if I can keep this up. It's funny that today is the day I decided to start this.

{1}
Hudson turned 18 months and pretty much decided to give me a taste of what the terrible 2s will be like. Thankfully it only lasted a couple of hours and he woke up from his nap happy and acting like "normal." Along with today's terrible 2-ness, Hudson would not eat anything he normally loves. I'm talking epic meltdown that I served him eggs and toast for breakfast (which he eats and loves everyday). 


{2}
He kept pointing to this "ball" all morning. To make him happy for a few minutes I put him in the highchair with the grapefruit and he just kept hitting his hands on it and saying, "bah bah bah bah." He was so happy. 


{3}
Emma loves being on her tummy and this is usually how tummy time ends up. She's asleep and drooling if you can't tell. 


{4}
All Hudson wanted to eat today were blackberries and a pear. He ate an entire container of blackberries and this whole pear. 


{5}
After his nap (which he took early because I scheduled his 18 month checkup right in the middle of nap time) he was so happy! He played out in the backyard for about 30 minutes before we left for his doctor appointment.


{6}
His favorite drawer at the doctor is the book drawer. Hudson LOVES books.


{7}
After his checkup we went and got a chocolate chip cookie and apple juice from McDonald's and went to the park for a little treat and play time. We didn't stay for too long because it was much colder than I thought!


{8}
I love this little corner of my kitchen. I snapped this picture this morning after my sister shared a picture of her new owl cookie jar.


{9}
After John got home tonight we had taco soup for dinner while watching The Polar Express. Hudson loved this movie and watched almost the whole thing!


{10}
Nursing my sweet little girl this evening. I love these precious feet!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you joined in today! I am already enjoying looking back at these "daily life" posts!! Hope Hudson has a better day tomorrow and hold off on those terrible two's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little buddy also loves being on his tummy! I think if I put him to bed on his tummy, he'd probably sleep all night tonight! I've even already found him flipped over.... crazy kid. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinking cute---I don't know how you do two under two:) You are amazing!!

    Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Hudson.. That face makes me sad.

    Emma is a doll.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs