Saturday, December 15, 2012

taco soup

Earlier this week I made taco soup for dinner. It was perfect because we had a big cold front come in and it was a great meal. 


It's also perfect for Hudson because I just strain out the broth and he eats it with a fork. I just put cheese and Fritos on the side for him with some green beans for extra nutrition. :)


I love this recipe because it isn't tomato sauce based. The recipe is from my friend Beth. Give it a try!

Taco Soup

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
3 cans beef broth
1 can Rotel, lightly drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 package taco seasoning
1 package dry ranch dressing mix

Brown ground beef with onion. Drain off the fat and combine with all ingredients in a pot or crock pot. I did this in the crock pot and let it cook all day. The longer it cooks the better. Serve over Fritos and top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs