Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Emma :: 1 month old

Dear Emma,

You are 1 month old! I can't believe you have already been a part of our family for a month. We have been a family of 4 for a month! You have fit in perfectly and we love having you here.


You are SUCH an easy baby. I'm not sure how I was so lucky to get 2 easy babies but I am so thankful! You took to nursing so much faster and easier than your brother. We haven't had a single nursing issue and for that I am extremely thankful. By this age your brother had had several bottles and formula but we haven't even tried a bottle with you yet. I know we need to soon. I'm nervous about how it will go since you won't even take a paci.


Nope, no paci for you! Just like your brother except he decided around 3 months he didn't like it anymore. We have tried every single paci on the market and you don't like any of them. That's ok though. Maybe you will find your fingers or a thumb like your brother. (and mom!)


You enjoy tummy time so much. You are already so strong and are working so hard at keeping your head up. You also get tired some days and just lay there and relax. Hudson loves to lay next to you to show you how to do things.


You eat every 2-3 hours during the day and 2-4 hours at night. Your longest stretch of sleep at night has only been 4 hours. And usually it takes about 2 hours to get you to go back to sleep. Not always that long but most of the time. I'm ok with it because I know it is just a season. I'm enjoying our nights because I know just how fast this time goes.


Just like Hudson, you have been in your crib from the first night we were home from the hospital. We swaddle you around 10 when we are ready for bed and I nurse you until you fall asleep. We had to transition from the Aden + Anais swaddle blankets to the Swaddle Me much sooner than we did with Hudson. You got so strong and were busting out!


We love you so much precious girl! 

Love,
Mommy

::1 month stats::
weight: 9 pounds 3 ounces
height: 21 inches
eating: nursing every 2-3 hours during the day and 2-4 hours at night
clothes: newborn and some 0-3 months
diapers: newborn

Hudson at 1 month and Emma at 1 month:


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the comparison between the two of them. Hard to believe she is already 1 month. Probably closer to two now. Love her pink elephant so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs