Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Love it will not betray you. Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free."

Last night we went to the Mumford & Sons concert. A couple weeks after we moved here, Brittany asked me if we wanted to get tickets with her and Eric. She was planning on surprising Eric so I decided to do the same for John. All I told him was to block out the evening of September 9th on his calendar. 


It was a great concert! The best one I've been to besides Tom Petty. 


And it was so fun to be there with Eric and Brittany. 


They sang every song I wanted to hear EXCEPT Sigh No More! We couldn't believe they didn't sing it but they made up for it with so many others. I think The Cave was my favorite song they did last night.


Their encore was perfect. They did a Beatles cover of Come Together and they sang Sweet Home Alabama. It was their first concert in Alabama (and our first concert in Alabama) so it was so fun hearing them sing that song.


We stopped at Waffle House on the way home. We were exhausted but had the best time.


My 30 year old mama self can't stay up late as well as I used to be able to. Looking exhausted but so happy!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, now that you've gotten caught up on this blog, you're unstoppable! Up early to post about our wonderful night. :) I'm laughing at the difference between the boys' waffle house photo and ours. They look exhausted and ready to fall out. We look pumped and ready for waffles! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs