Monday, August 18, 2014

weekend recap!

We had a really great weekend! Friday morning we took the kids to the dentist for the first time. Hudson did GREAT! Emma did good too, but she is still so young so she sat in my lap and laid down with her head in the dentist's lap. She just had a basic cleaning. Good news is neither kid has any cavities! 



Dancing in the waiting room. My girl has got some serious moves. hahaha!


After the dentist we took the kids to the McWane Center and oddly I didn't take any pictures! We went another day last week so I'll be sure to post those pictures. It's such a great children's museum.

The dentist told us that Emma needed to be done with her paci by the time she is 2. She only gets it in her bed but I have been dreading messing with sleep. Hudson also only sucks his fingers when he sleeps but that's not really something we can "take away." When we got home on Friday John cut the tips of all (ALL) of Emma's pacis. She did great during her nap on Friday. She didn't sleep quite as long as she usually does but I was proud of how she did.


Friday night John and the kids went out to eat and I went to church for a women's seminar. The speaker is a local counselor and she is incredible. I did her study last semester and I was so excited to hear her speak live. After the seminar Friday night a big group of girls went out to eat at Brio. I'm so thankful for these ladies!


I was back at church Saturday morning for the last 2 sessions and John and the kids had a fun morning. They played outside for a little bit and I believe Hudson was telling John here, "It will be fine, daddy." haha!


They walked down to E&B's house and recruited them to go to the park.


After the kids napped we headed to the Summit to kill some time. Saturday was the longest day! The kids' naps were super short and we didn't have a lot planned so we grabbed some lemonades from Urban Cookhouse and just sat outside relaxing and talking. The weather was so nice!


And Emma was making silly faces. :)


Saturday night was ROUGH. Emma screamed for 1 1/2 hours because she was so mad that her pacis had holes in them. 


Hudson has a clock that turns green when it's okay for him to get out of bed. Otherwise, he is out of bed by 5am which is NOT OKAY. He usually wakes up around 6:30 and so it's always fun to watch him wait for his clock to turn green at 6:57. 


After church we were eating lunch and Hudson was telling us all of the things that God made. Then he said, "and God made this!" and he made this face. Dead. haha!


My little stalkers watching everyone walk by. 


We are so sticker and bandaid obsessed lately. So Emma had some sticker sleeves going on which I'm sure is the toddler equivalent of tattoo sleeves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs