Monday, March 17, 2014

weekend recap!

Happy Monday! And Happy St. Patrick's Day! We had a really great weekend. No huge plans but some great family time. I love spending time with my family. They're my favorite. :)

On Thursday night, we loaded the kids in the stroller for a walk. We stopped by the coffee shop by our house to get them a cookie. And John got a coffee.


Our plan Thursday night was to go find a park we had heard about. Before we got there it was already dark so we headed back home. We tried again on Friday morning and it was so perfect. 


It was a playground-less park but had a little creek by it so of course Hudson had a blast throwing rocks into the water.


And Emma was just happy being outside. And collecting sticks.


We spent a lot of time there and I can't wait to go back!


On the way back, Hudson got out of the stroller for a little bit to run. Ever since the fun run, he's loved running. Ha! I think he looks ridiculously adorable here in John's hat. 


John was out of town Friday night and Saturday morning so the kids and I had a relaxing morning. As relaxing as it can be when they were both awake by 5:30. Yawn.


We spent a lot of time outside after naps because it was another beautiful day. I'm loving this spring weather we've had!!


While I was doing a little spring cleaning this week I found a Chili's gift card so we headed there on Saturday night for dinner. We hadn't been to Chili's since we lived in Texas! 


Emma had a death grip on her milk. She was acting so big and wanted to hold it all on her own.



On Sundays I wake up at 5:00 so I can shower and get ready for church before the kids wake up. We only have 1 bathroom and John gets up at 6 to get ready since he gets to church by 6:45. For a long time this plan was great since I was able to get fully ready before the kids woke up around 7. Now, Hudson is SUCH AN EARLY RISER that he's usually awake right after I get out of the shower. He talked my ear off while I was putting on my makeup! ha!


Sunday night we went to church for our last Sticky Faith class. As we were leaving the house to walk to church, these 2 grabbed each others hands and melted my heart into a huge puddle. 


Have a great week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs