Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dump Cake (Dumb Cake)

One of my co-workers had a birthday this week and since she is diabetic I thought I'd make a low-sugar dump cake. I really could not tell a difference and we served this with sugar free Cool Whip. This is not a difficult cake. When I was telling another co-worker what this cake was called he thought I said "Dumb Cake." It really could be called that also. And I promise to make more real baking. I used "light" ingredients and honestly you couldn't tell a difference. My co-workers loved it!
I wish these pictures had motion to them so you could see the bubbly goodness!
Dump Cake
1 can cherry pie filling (I used the light/low sugar version)
1 can crushed pineapple
1 box yellow cake mix (I used the reduced calorie/sugar)
1 ½ sticks butter (I used ¾ cup light butter)

Dump cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into 9x13 baking dish. Stir together. Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the fruit. Slice butter and distribute over the surface of the cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with freshly whipped cream or Cool Whip.

1 comment:

  1. Love the look and sound of this cake. I make one almost as simple with Golden Cake mix, rhubarb and cream... and it is a huge hit in the spring... Your Dump cake is even easier!! I can't wait to try it .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs