Thursday, November 20, 2008

twilight

**WARNING: I may offend a lot of people when I say this, but I'm just trying to be honest here.

I don't get it. I do not see the attraction of Twilight. At first I only had the books to go off of. I had heard the premise of them so I sort of knew what they were about, sort of. The story line does not entice me at all. Not even a little bit. THEN, when I saw the preview for the much anticpated movie that comes out tomorrow evening, I was even more TURNED OFF by this story!!! I realize that Twilight was written as a tween series and it has become popular to older audiences almost the same way Harry Potter did. But I love Harry Potter and have zero desire to see/read about this story. Is there anyone else out there in blogland that agrees with me? Or if you are offended by me and love Twilight I want to hear your thoughts too. What's so great about this and do the previews of the movie (be honest here) really look good to you?

4 comments:

  1. My boss (who is like 60) has loaned me the books and I am on the 4th and final. The first one is kinda sappy but the others aren't bad. IT IS NO HARRY POTTER. I could read Harry over and over, but will not read these again. I am far from obsessed but they are really easy reads and not scary or anything.

    I don't even know if I'd see the movie though...I think it'd be hard to make a movie out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lindsay, i agree. all i can say is that i feel like twilight belongs on the CW on monday nights.. it feels like a show that would get cancelled. i couldn't agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto. love harry potter. do NOT understand all of the hype. i believe they call it "jumping on the bandwagon" ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw the preview to the movie, but the only reason I broke down and bought the book was because everyone kept talking about it. I don't believe in vampires or any of that nonsense, but I do love the suspensful love story between Bella and Edward. I don't know if I'll see the movie, or even read the rest of the books, and so I guess you could say curiousity killed the cat on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...I love to read what you have to say about my little blog!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs